Honolulu-based WhiteSpace Architects is dedicated to innovative and sustainable design that embraces the way that its clients live, work, learn and play. Long before “green building” became a national movement, WhiteSpace Architects was creating designs that work in harmony with the natural environment.
Founded as Philip White Architects in 1983, the firm has earned a reputation for creating spaces that enhance, inspire and enrich people’s lives while honoring the cultural fabric that embraces them.
The WhiteSpace ‘ohana is nimble, creative and responsive, but – most importantly – client-centered. The company prides itself on its ability to work intimately and collaboratively with diverse organizations and individuals to produce architecture suited to the style and demands of each project, whether commercial, institutional or residential.
WhiteSpace designs have been recognized by a wide array of highly respected local and national organizations including:
- American Institute of Architects
- American Society of Interior Designers
- Building Industry Association of Hawai‘i
- Hawai‘i Visitor and Convention Bureau
- Historic Hawai‘i Foundation
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Hawai‘i and National Kitchen & Bath Association.