Are you a professional in the forest industry, or simply interested in supporting sustainable forest management?
Become a member!
HFIA offers three affordable membership levels:
- Issue of HFIA’s E-news;
- Discounted fees at HFIA workshops and symposiums;
- The opportunity to list your business in HFIA’s website Resource Guide and Directory;
- The opportunity to purchase items through the Kamaʻāina Wood Market;
- Access discounts on name brand outdoor gear via a free Outdoorly account using HFIA’s discount code (New!)
- The opportunity to display a piece of woodwork in HFIA’s Hilo Airport Display (upon space availability);
- The opportunity to be featured as a Member Spotlight.
- The opportunity to vote in the election for the Board of Directors;
- An invitation to mingle with fellow members at the Annual General Membership meeting; and
- A special invitation to the Hawai`i’s WoodshowTM opening night reception.
Your dues also help HFIA’s many programs and activities:
- Advocacy: A voice at the legislature and in public forums promoting policies and actions that foster healthy and productive forests (HFIA Legislative Report 2021);
- Forest Science: Demonstration of techniques to restore and protect species in dryland native forests;
- Information Exchange: In addition to the newsletter, public symposia have been sponsored by HFIA as well as participating in exhibitions, conferences, and special events;
- Marketing: Research into market strategies for commodity wood products and fine crafted products have resulted in the implementation of the Hawaii’s WoodTM brand and the related creation of marketing materials and tools; and
- Education and Training: Workshops for woodworkers featuring nationally-known guest woodworkers are held annually; Opportunities for professional improvement for loggers, landowners and managers, and others